5 Easy Eco-driving tips
Where it is safe and legal to do so,
- Maintain a steady speed, using the highest gear possible to keep your engine working at its most efficient.
- Keep your tyres inflated to the correct pressures.
- Accelerate smoothly and decelerate smoothly by taking your foot off the accelerator, leaving the car in gear. Modern engines don’t use fuel under these conditions
- Anticipating traffic flow to avoid unnecessary gear changes
- Switch off the engine at short stop (less than one minute)